Monday 3 December 2012

::Show & Tell:: I have an addiction...

Yep, it's out there. I'm a Craftsy addict. I have 16 classes. Sixteen!
Although I have to admit some of them are free classes.

[source]


These are the ones I've bought


Ahem, I may or may not have gone a little crazy when Craftsy had a recent sale. Most of their classes were about 20 bucks and I bought 4 classes in one go. Ahem  :)


The free ones I've added to my account are:

A couple of these free classes are a bit left-of-centre for me. I'm not not that interested in cake decorating, but the Modern Buttercream course was on of the initial promotional free classes. I liked what I saw so I scoped out the rest of Craftsy for other courses. I just thought I'd have look at Microtorch basics to get an understanding of what is involved in jewellery making.

Other classes hit the mark. I'd started knitting the Purl Bee Bandana Cowl and thrown it aside when I realised I'd have to do short rows - which I don't know how to do and couldn't understand the instructions. Luckily for me the Short Rows class was free.

Some of the instructors on these courses are really great at grabbing your attention, some aren't so much. But that is super subjective. Regardless of the instructors I always really like the content of each course. I've been enjoying watching these courses, but watching Craftsy is a major suck on my monthly internet data plan.

How many courses have I watched all the way through? Shhh, Only one Bag-Making Basics: Drawstring Bag & Bucket Bag. And it was one of the free ones!!!
How many things I have I made you ask? Zip, nadda, nothing. I haven't even put my new short-rowing skillz to good  use on that bandana cowl pattern. Although I'm hoping to rectify that in the near future - especially when making presents for the festive season.
Even though I haven't seen all the classes all the way through, I'm learning heaps of great tips and really enjoying it. So, I'm crushing pretty hard on Craftsy at the moment.

If you're interested to see what Craftsy is like I totally recommend that you try out the free classes they have online. I'd also recommend that you turn off the HD whenever you're watching the videos.

FYI I'm totally not getting kickbacks or freebies from Craftsy.

Until next time, I hope you're learning something new,
Vanessa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.